It’s easy to track your website’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This list is a roundup of the best cloud based SEO apps. They are built to track your website’s position in the SERPS, give you analysis such as which keyword you are ranking for, and what your backlink profile looks like. They are all designed to give you actionable reports and details that you can use to help improve your ranking, and get more visitors to your site.
Positionly offers you a range of signup options to suit your websites size, and SEO needs. There are bronze silver and gold packages that start from tracking 5 websites and 50 keywords, up to 30 websites and 1000 keywords. You have the chance to get a 14 day free trial, and there is a small micro package for 1 website and keyword which gives you the chance to upgrade to bronze level, by placing a small Positonly banner on your site.
- There is daily keyword position checking, with positions shown in global and local SERPS.
- Google analytics integration, with the ability to plot all traffic sources on a graph
- Check your posting with Google, Bing, Yahoo and Yandex to get an overall view of your website ranking
- Insights give you the ability to analyze your competitors performance for keywords and display a corresponding graph
- Track your competitors statistics directly beside your own to see exactly how your SEO compares
- There is backlink analysis to see what your quality and quantity of backlinks are
- You can check referring domains, and find out their link type and anchor text
- you can check new and lost backlinks and see how they have performed over time
You also receive recommendations of actions that you can do to improve your SEO, such as adding your brand to Google local results, and creating a Facebook page. Crucially your give insight notifications such as the advantage that a competitor has over you for a certain keyword, and for how long this has lasted, and any opportunities that might exist for your website such as traffic spikes. Positionly also offers you automatic website grading reports, and a white label facility for multiple clients. Its a great SEO tool that will give you extended insights into how your websites are performing.
Analytics SEO is a powerful suite of SEO tools that allow you to perform analyses in your website, and so much more. One thing that stands them out from other cloud based apps is their ability to provide data for the dreaded “not provided” keywords that come when you use google analytics and Google webmasters. They use a specially designed custom algorithm to estimate what your not provided keywords are called Intelli Traffic. They have different pricing models for business, agency and enterprise.
- Their platform allow you to check an unlimited number of keywords in all major search engines, in over 90 countries.
- Multiple platform integration with Google Analytics and webmaster tool.
- Import your existing keyword rank data from other SEO software and plot keyword history on an interactive chart
- Automated aggregation of your competitors website with detailed reports and statistics
- Discover if your competitors are getting more traffic for your keywords
- Research your competitors top 5,000 backlinks and learn which ones are the most powerful
- Find out of your backlinks offer you an effective ROI
- Integration with Majestic SEO search index to discover the latest analysis of your backlinks
- Research unlimited link opportunities and reach out to website owners
Analytics SEO is packed with more tools too, such as social media analysis so you can find out what your social media profile is like. They also give you detailed page optimization analysis, so you can make adjustments to your site to give you a better chance of ranking for certain keywords.
You can also build your marketing team into the software, and assign them marketing tasks, and get reports about what has been completed and achieved. Another great feature is the ability to checkout outbound broken links. Analytics SEO not only gives you tools for analysis and checking today, but gives you the resources you need to analyse what the best opportunities are for you tomorrow.
Semrush is the juggernaut of online SEO apps. It allows you to conduct detailed analysis on your website, and check comprehensively with their custom database exactly what keywords you are ranking for. Semrush is great for organic ideas for new content, and provide you with information about your competition that allows you to follow in their success easily. Although one of the most expensive cloud apps, with pro, guru and business subscriptions, what you get with Semrush will exceed your expectations.
- Track your website ranking in Google organic and paid search results
- Compare your competitors keyword rankings side by side with your own
- Positional tracking automatically filters out local keywords to pinpoint with accuracy what your ranking for
- Analysis side by side everything about your competition’s website and your own
- Perform big data analysis on your competitors keywords and where they overlap with your own
- Snoop on the amount of traffic web rivals receive to their domains through paid search
- Compare the inbound links and weight on your competition’s backlinks
- Examine geographically where your own backlinks come from
- Discover just how much link juice is being passed from your dofollow links
Semrush is a comprehensive set of suites and analysis tools. Although not used as a continuous SEO everyday tool, it allows you to examine your website and your competitions in greater detail than any other SEO app out there. Some of the largest SEO tools use the API data from semrush in their own analysis tools, this tells you how comprehensive they are.
They also have on page optimization reports to display where you should be updating your website to keep it the best quality possible, as well as automated reports for each aspect of your website. They have a 30 day free trial and you can sign up here.